The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) have approved the merger of Access Bank Plc and Diamond Bank Plc, the last major regulatory hurdle for the consummation of the business combination. Both banks recently confirmed receipt of the final approval from the financial services authorities. The final go-ahead came
- 7:11 pmGhana: Jumia appoints Temidayo Ojo as new CEO
- 6:33 pmUganda: Housing Finance Bank Collaborates with FITSPA to Drive Financial Innovation and Collaboration
- 5:59 pmGhana: Stephen Blewett assumes role as MTN Ghana CEO
- 5:32 pmNigeria: Infracorp signs MoU for 1GW solar panel plant
- 11:26 amGhana: MTN appoints Selorm Adadevoh as Group Chief Commercial Officer
Access Bank Plc and Diamond Bank Plc are expected to start operating as a single entity from April 1, 2019. This, would be under a new enlarged Access Bank brand. The Managing Director of Access Bank, Herbert Wigwe and his Diamond Bank counterpart, Uzoma Dozie, disclosed this in a joint statement to customers obtained recently.
As Access Bank and Diamond Banks continue with their merger process, the banks have said that customers will be rewarded for their loyalty. A statement said they would be rewarded with loyalty points, cash-back, free websites for SMEs, giveaways among others by carrying out one or more banking transactions or using the banks’ services from