Africa’s leading online shopping company, has linked the listing of its shares on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), on the need to showcase the digital innovation happening in Africa, and opportunities from the region in terms of technology and eCommerce to the world. According to the The Chief Executive Officer, Jumia Nigeria, Juliet Anammah,
- 7:11 pmGhana: Jumia appoints Temidayo Ojo as new CEO
- 6:33 pmUganda: Housing Finance Bank Collaborates with FITSPA to Drive Financial Innovation and Collaboration
- 5:59 pmGhana: Stephen Blewett assumes role as MTN Ghana CEO
- 5:32 pmNigeria: Infracorp signs MoU for 1GW solar panel plant
- 11:26 amGhana: MTN appoints Selorm Adadevoh as Group Chief Commercial Officer
Jumia Technologies AG (“Jumia”) the leading Pan-African e-commerce platform, has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The listing on the NYSE happened in New York, USA, with shares beginning trading at $14.50 under ticker symbol JMIA. By the listing, Jumia became the first startup from Africa to list on a major global exchange.